Wednesday, October 5, 2011

free music for your BDSM scenes

One of my favorite bands for background music during a BDSM scene is the group Dead Can Dance.

If you are not at all familiar with Dead Can Dance, they are described at Wikipedia as being "An ethereal neoclassical duo formed in Melbourne, Australia, in August 1981, by Lisa Gerrard and Brendan Perry."

Dead Can Dance's music as a whole is hard to describe, as their musical output is very eclectic. However, despite the wide variety of influences evident, everything from gothic to Middle Eastern and Celtic, their musical output is almost always suitable for use during a scene.

You don't have to take my word for it, nor do you have to resort to some file sharing service to add some free Dead Can Dance tunes to your collection, I discovered today that four complete Dead Can Dance songs are being offered for free via their official fan site - DeadCanDance.com.

I'm not as familiar with either Brendon Perry's or Lisa Gerrard's work as solo artists, but there are a four more free offerings on Brendon Perry's My Space page.

I feel greater then the sum of all my parts
A domestic beast with a hairy Heart's
Trapped within a walled suburbia

I found my taste is somewhat underground
Between the shadows and the cracks
I’m building my Utopia

I need to beak free from all that binds
That makes me old before my time
In this world of Dystopia

My love is like a bright guiding light
Shining in the darkness of the night
The star of my Utopia

In the motion of the sea
in the air that we breath
Can you feel me?

-- Brendon Perry - "Utopia"

No comments:

Post a Comment